Saturday, August 13, 2005

My First Time

I’m new to this blog thing. I admit that although adventurous by nature (at least that’s the rationalization I comfort myself with when I break the rules), I sometimes buck against the latest trends and techno stuff and don’t want to consider myself to be a member of the lemming-like population espousing support for this stuff. Having said that, I find myself rather hooked on this blog stuff. A friend sent me the link to a former co-worker’s blog, and that one contained the link to another former co-workers blog. That did it, I’m hooked now.

I sat for hours and hours reading stories, laughing out loud at the computer screen, my kids thinking for sure that their mother, who I’m sure always teetered on the edge of sanity in their teenage minds, had finally fallen over that edge. “Mom, what are you laughing at?” one would enquire. I would answer that I was reading some pretty funny stuff written by a former co-worker. My response was met with a “let’s just humour her and maybe she’ll get off the computer so I can use it” look from both of my boys.

My boys. I guess they will always be my “boys” even though they are both now temperamental teens, an alliterative phrase I’m sure all parents of kids 12 and older are familiar with. Of course that would require one of them to actually look up from the game that he’s playing on the _________ (insert Game Cube, PS2, Nintendo, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance…or whatever other system he has that I have dutifully forgotten the name of) and the other to unglue the phone from his ear as he talks for hours on end to the girlfriend he said goodbye to in person just 5 minutes before calling her! Mr. Game player aficionado is also Mr. Computer hooker upper extraordinaire too. He started his summer off by networking my laptop and the PC so that BOTH boys could be internet ready at the same time. So much for me thinking I would finally be relieved of the eternal “are you done yet on the computer, mom?” question. It’s now me who is asking if I could possibly, maybe, perhaps be able to check my mail? Please, pretty please…I won’t take too long, I promise! Ah well, such is life
.

(And you all thought you were going to read about my first time...ha ha ha!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

may the adventure begin!

K :)

11:09 p.m.  
Blogger Magdalena said...

... so there has been a "first time" for both of us this year then! :P

2:08 p.m.  
Blogger Franny said...

HELLO BABE AND WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!

12:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home