Monday, December 26, 2005

Sad News

I write this entry with a very heavy heart. During a time when we should all be celebrating, a very special person in my life lost his step daughter(although he leaves out the step part) suddenly, due to a blood clot in her lung. She would have been 30 on Wednesday. She leaves behind a 12 year old boy who will most likely be raised now by his "papa". The first call I got from my friend was very late Christmas eve/early Christmas morning, saying he had just left his daughter in ICU, but would take his grandson back to see her in later in the morning (Christmas Day). The next call, a few hours later, was to tell me that she had died.

It's horrible to lose someone at any time of the year, but especially at Christmas time. It's horrible to lose a family member or friend, but especially suddenly. It's horrible to lose someone, but especially a child - you aren't supposed to bury your children, it's just not right.

To that very special man, who means more to me than I ever thought possible, my heart aches for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope somehow you will manage to get through this ordeal. To everyone else reading this -you may complain about those family dinners over the holidays, but go to them with love in your heart and count your blessings. To those of you with children, hug them extra tight and make sure they know how much you love them, because you never know what life has in store for you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Magdalena said...

Karen, I am so sorry. And I just want to say that I totally agree with you about cherishing what you have. I hope that we all take a moment to realize how wonderful it is to be blessed with family and friends and how short life really can be, so that maybe we will tell those we love that we love them every day and at every opportunity. My prayers are with you and your friend.

6:27 p.m.  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks so much, Magda. Hope you and yours had a happy holiday.

Karen

9:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you always sweetie, even though I'm far away. You are in my thoughts...

7:51 p.m.  
Blogger Franny said...

What sad sad news. Thank God that little boy has people to take care of him and see him through this tragic time.

8:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home