Saturday, December 31, 2005

Resolutions

Another year comes to an end in a few short hours. This is the time when everyone makes those New Year's resolutions. I resolved many years ago to not make any resolutions, since I was always lucky if I made it to midnight on January 1st without breaking at least one of them. Hey, I never said I had much resolve - at least not for keeping resolutions.

What is a resolution anyway? It's usually something that we promise ourselves (sometimes even in the presence of witnesses) to do, even though 99% of the time, it's something that we should be doing anyway. Do we really think that by making a traditional resolution at the beginning of a new year that we are going to adhere to whatever it is any better than we would've otherwise? I think not.

Having said all that, I am going to make a resolution anyway. This has not been the most celebratory holiday season for yours truly (for a number of reasons), so my resolution is to do whatever I can to be happy in 2006. That is what I wish all of you also - a truly happy 2006.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Well, as Oprah would say, "you go girl".

10:22 a.m.  
Blogger Franny said...

Maybe it would be a good start to wrtie down all the things that make you truly happy and then check them off one by one. That way you can't "cheat" on your resolution!

8:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home