Sunday, January 01, 2006

Email

I have just finished checking one of my many email accounts. Can someone tell me why we all seem to need 25 different email addresses? Wasn't the purpose of email to make our lives easier? How does having multiple email accounts that we spend countless hours each week checking, accomplish this? I know I still have some accounts because I can't remember the damn password to get into them to check, so I figure if I wait long enough, they will become obsolete due to them being inactive - at least that's what I'm hoping will happen.

As my main email account got close to 950 emails in my inbox (never mind the ones in the multiple folders) and I spent about 90 minutes or so cleaning it out (it's down to a respectable under 400 now) I wanted to take the time to thank some of the many people who have emailed me.

Thank you to the person who forwarded me the prayer request email. It's comforting to know that God is listening to my prayers. I somehow doubt though that He/She will only hear me if I pass along the email to 15 people within 7 seconds of opening it.

Thank you to the person who forwarded me the Chinese good luck mantra which has been making the rounds for 40 years now (how old IS email?). I know now that my life sucks lately because I was the one who broke the chain and am doomed to an eternity of bad karma.

Thank you to the person who forwarded me the email soliciting funds for the poor sick girl who has been on death's doorstep for the 9,000th time in the last year. I'm sure many people's wallets are lighter after donating to this "worthy" cause.

Thank you to the person who forwarded me the email that I spent 10 minutes scrolling down forwards to find out that there was nothing at the end of the email. Those were 10 minutes that I had nothing else to do with anyway.

Thank you to the person who sent me the email warning me that they had determined that there have been "unauthorized attempts to access" my RBC and my Desjardins bank accounts. I do not have and have never had accounts at either of these institutions, but it's nice to know that your fraud squad is on the ball.

Thank you to the person who forwarded me that virus warning, telling me that I need to remove vital programs from my computer in order to get rid of that worm that was too good to be detected by any anti-virus software.

To all my friends who wonder why I haven't answered their emails, or why it takes so long for me to do so - say your own thank you to the above people. I'd write some more, but I have some email to check...

4 Comments:

Blogger Franny said...

Ha ha, that is totally the best! You hit the nail on the head (I just delete those chain emails - maybe thats why I am so unlucky?) Anyhow, you need more filters dammit!

9:00 a.m.  
Blogger Franny said...

Oooh, I've caught up ~F

9:00 a.m.  
Blogger Franny said...

Karen babe,
Tis time to blog again love!

9:35 a.m.  
Blogger Alipurr said...

hilarious, i haven't had the time or nerve to clean out my inbox,now over 1,000....eek

8:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home